FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

one

• Server Director

Adding to this list as we go, make sure to suggest more down the line.

How do I join the server? 

Simple! You can either look for the SantosRP gamemode in the Garry's Mod Server Browser or connect straight with our IP; 194.69.160.42:27034

How do I change my characters appearance? 

In the hospital there's a NPC in the surgery room whom you can visit to change your face and even gender. Note that it costs $10,000 to do this.

How do I access the inventory?

Just hit your Q key and you'll get the whole menu, it also stores your skills, buddies and more!

How do I pick up things?
Hit ALT + E while looking at the item to pick it up. Remember that if you only drop the item and not abandon it no one else can pick it up.

Why am I missing textures/content?

Make sure you have CSS content installed as well as our content pack!
Also make sure in your settings that you allow all custom content to be downloaded, you can find this in the Game Tab/Multiplayer of your Garry's Mod Settings.

How do I go into thirdperson?

Hit F1 to toggle it off and on!

How do I get an property?

Across the PD there's a small corner office in which you can interact with an NPC and rent out an property! Make sure that if you're not using the property to sell it so that someone else can use it!

How can I make money?

There are tons of jobs across the map, such as delivery jobs and even being an Firefighter, you can also rent out one of the shops and sell your own product!

I lost my stuff when I crashed/server crashed, how can I get it back?

If you head over to the bank and speak with the NPC, you can collect your items from the lost and found!

How do I make an gang? 

You can apply on our forums to have an certified organization within the game.

How do I start my car and put on my seatbelt?

You can use I to start your engine and P for putting on your seatbelt!

I need help from staff, how can I request one?

You can contact staff by typing in chat @ and your message for them, then simply wait for one to show up! If no one is available you can either request one in the discord or perhaps make an Player Report on the forums!

I didn't receive my VIP in-game, what should I do?

Contact someone from the Management team in discord and they'll help you out!

I'm stuck, I need help!

You can utilize the /unstuck command and if that doesn't work you can call help from a staff member!

Job Locations:

Paramedic - Interact with the NPC outside the doors of the hospital.

Firefighter - Next to the basketball courtyard, interact with the NPC inside the building.

Tow Truck Driver - Mechanic Shop near the Power Plant, speak with the Clerk inside.

Mail Delivery & Sales Truck Driver - Industrial Warehouse #2 near the Fire Department.

City Worker - Left side on the steps up to the City Hall.

Taxi Driver & City Sanitation Worker - Across the hospital on the parking lot.

Miscellaneous NPCs:

Skill Book NPC - Clerk at Hyatt's Place near the train station.

Black Market Dealer - Between the two warehouses near the Basketball courtyard.

Drug Dealer - Contact by phone to get his location.

User made Guides:

Mail Delivery Driver - Made by @ncaaSeawolf